Will he make it from North Carolina to Oregon?

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shady Spring, WV

West Virginia is hilly.

In the areas where I've been off highways, though, the mountain valleys and springs are some of the most beautiful anywhere - and they seem to be everywhere.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to capture any of it with the camera (I really need a professional/Virginia&Porter along with me).  Yesterday coming through the woods I saw a good bit of wildlife - a turkey running through the woods, tons of birds and butterflies, a glimpse of some sort of very large deer, and while it was probably my imagination after seeing dozens of roads named "Wolf ____,"  I think something stalked me a bit, until I growled at it.

I ate WAY too much for lunch in a Golden-Corale-type establishment (but cheaper!) and was pretty sluggish all afternoon.  Even so, I should cross the 500 mile marker sometime this morning.

This is a video of Fairview Freewill Baptist Church, which I attended for a Wednesday evening worship service.  They love the Lord!  The preacher was on fire, and I really enjoyed the music.

I have agreed to finally see a doctor today, and hopefully get over whatever cold's been plaguing me... maybe I won't need to stop for so long from now on!

Update (6/1/2010):  At the Shady Springs Library, I was on my bike... this guy was on his horse!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment